1) Check the next FAQ about System Requirements.
2) Place your order for the trial or regular version.
2) Receive an email confirmation
3) Click the FormulaGenerator link in the email.
4) That will bring you back to this site and will download a zip file (in the Chrome browser the zip file will appear at the bottom of your screen).
5) Open the zip file.
6) Extract the files to Program Files for Windows or the appropriate directory for Mac or Unix.
7) Run the .jar file. If you get a “JNI” or “.jar not recognized” error make sure you extracted the zip file above. If you get any other errors update Java.
8) Enter the license key from your confirmation email. You should only need to enter the license key once on the first run – in case of difficulty, please contact support.
Note: If you need to do the above steps again, find the downloaded Zip file in your browser’s Download folder (in Chrome choose the menu button and select Download) and continue at step 5 above.
Quirkle is a Windows software application that provides you with a powerful new tool that takes numeric data and discovers formulas that fit the data.
There are many applications: computing missing elements in your data; making predictions; uncovering hidden principles of your data; optimization; software development; spreadsheet development; etc.
Depending on the amount of data and settings selected, the time can range from several seconds to several minutes or hours. For fairly small datasets the time is typically a few minutes.
Use your existing formula to generate data and then feed the data back into Quirkle. Quirkle might give you back your original formula or discover a better or simpler one that might surprise you.
Generally it’s best to start with the defaults of Add, Sub, Mul, Div, Pow, Sqrt. You can add the trig functions later if you feel they are appropriate for the situation.
Please see the Help pages.